Principal Mixed Reality Engineer
Location: Vienna, VA
Published on: Feb 20 - 2018
Augmented and Mixed Reality is one of the most exciting technologies of our generation and the largest companies in the world are using it to improve efficiency, quality, and safety. At Upskill, our team is powering this revolution on the manufacturing floor, in the field, and in the warehouse using next generation smart glasses and wearable technology. If you’ve had experience developing for augmented or mixed reality applications, we want to hear from you!
As Upskill builds support for devices like Microsoft HoloLens into our Skylight platform for enterprise wearables, we’re searching for an experienced Mixed Reality Engineer to join our growing team of software developers and product strategists in bringing the future to the industrial workforce.
Upskill is a company with a mission to help the worlds workforce. Successful candidates must demonstrate a passion not only for technology, but for our mission to elevate the impact of people in the connected industrial workspace.
The person selected for this role will work with an incredibly impressive and diverse group of men and women to shape and implement support for mixed reality devices in our software platform. They will be responsible for:
- Leading implementation of multiple mixed reality client applications targeted at multiple hardware platforms
- Working with Engineering leadership to define client application architecture and inform back-end design decisions
- Working with product strategy and design team to shape requirements for user experience
- Ensuring code quality, maintainability, and performance
All applicants must have a BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or demonstrate equivalent work experience.
Candidates hoping to be considered should also demonstrate:
- At least 5 years of experience developing Microsoft .NET applications
- Strong experience programming with C#
- Strong experience developing for mobile platforms
- Strong knowledge of AR / MR software on mobile platforms
- Experience developing for Microsoft Hololens
- Experience with the Windows 10 SDK
- Experience developing for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- Experience with Unity 3D or similar technology
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs in a mobile client
- Experience working on a DevOps team, using Git, and automation for CI/CD
Ideal candidates will also have experience:
- Shipping production products and/or Augmented or Mixed Reality Titles.
- Using and understanding the constraints of voice interactions on mobile devices
Upskill is an innovative start-up with offices in the DC, Austin, and Bay areas. We offer a top-shelf benefits package and competitive pay. Our team enjoys flexible paid time off, an on-site café, and the freedom to think and create without boundaries.
How to apply
Think you’ve got what it takes to attack the challenges we’re facing? Drop us a line, we’re waiting to hear from you.
Please include a cover letter with your resume describing why you think you'd be the perfect fit for the position.