Location: Vancouver, Canada
Published on: Jul 5, 2018 - 2018
Tangible Interaction creates interactive environments and experiences that connect and engage people in the real world, mainly public artworks and special commercial projects. We also develop and rent/license a range of interactive products for the experiential marketing and entertainment industries. Located in Vancouver, we have a solid track record and work globally with an enviable client list.
- Do you know what “Turnkey Assembly” means?
- Can you make an Arduino send sACN?
- Can you design a system to control and power 50,000+ RGB LEDs?
- Do you know how to make electronics survive in a rainforest?
- Can you build a tangible, interactive prototype before lunch?
- Do you have a good eye for design and animation
- Prototype novel interfaces, interface elements, controllers, mechatronic elements, etc.
- Coordinate contractors, developers, manufacturers
- Plan technical requirements of projects based on early and evolving concepts
- Implement technical plans including: Coordination of contractors, developers, manufacturers, Coordination of installation, maintenance, training, etc., Personally install and maintain smaller installations (alone or with a small team), Maintain custom rental systems (update computers & firmware, fix software bugs, develop and test upgrades, repair electronics, etc.)
- Several years experience creating large-scale interactive installations or equivalent
- Communicating with Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.
- Ability to quickly prototype physical interactive systems. For example: Program an Arduino, Animate LEDs, Move servos, Read sensors, Send data back and forth between software and hardware, etc.
- Software development experience including some of the following: Arduino/c/c++ (required), Max/MSP, PureData, C++ (OF, Cinder), TouchDesigner, vDMX, Resolume, Madrix, VVVV, Unity, Node.js, Raspberry Pi, MBED, Git, Processing, p5.js
- Working knowledge of graphics programming (OpenGL/GLSL)
- Good understanding of a variety of communication & protocols, including: DMX/ArtNet/sACN,Internet Protocol Suite (esp. Multicast UDP & Websockets), XBee (802.15.4/Digimesh/ZigBee), LPWAN (LoRa, RFM69 etc.), I2C, SPI, UART, CAN Bus
- Basic understanding of electricity: Safety, Calculating voltage drop, cable requirements, power requirements, etc., How to meet CSA/UL certification requirements
Nice to have
- Hardware Development
- Circuit and PCB design (we usually use KiCad or Eagle)
- PCB assembly (in-house: SMD soldering by hand, etc.)
- PCB assembly coordination (working with local and offshore manufacturers)
- Custom, but Arduino compatible
- Selecting and using a variety of off-the-shelf and custom sensors
- Experience building and/or operating show control systems
- Sound programming
How to apply
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing company on a wide range of exciting, creative projects in a studio environment close to downtown Vancouver.
We move fast and need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running. This position is full-time and is available immediately.
If you feel qualified for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Creative Technologist' in the subject field. Please, no recruitment agencies or consultants. Only direct applicants will be considered.