A/V Integration, Hardware Planning Consultant
Location: Vancouver, BC
Published on: May 2 - 2018
At NGX although we have a broad range of experience with AV installations and hardware configurations for custom digital interactive exhibits, being able to work with an AV specialist with extensive practical experience to assist with the hardware planning portion of our larger projects would be a real benefit for us.
We are looking for a professional who is comfortable working on a contract basis to provide service on one or more of our upcoming projects.
Tasks and responsibilities would include:
- Review of creative concepts (this may be an iterative process)
- Review of core base-building project information, architectural drawings
- Researching appropriate technical hardware to support creative vision
- Providing recommendations and advice on feasibility, risks, technical requirements
Deliverables would include documentation with:
- A description of the recommended approach
- A list of appropriate hardware with costs (for budget evaluation)
- Representative drawings as required (wiring diagrams, projection studies etc.)
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience in audio-visual hardware configuration and installation
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years at a level responsible for planning, design and procurement of hardware solutions
- Collaborative style with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Networked displays
- Sensors and/or mechanical input devices
- Building and media management systems
During the production phase, there may be follow up work for research or re-sourcing hardware depending on new needs (design/scope shift, planned hardware not available for procurement, new information provided etc.).
At this time this service would be strictly for consultation and likely not associated with actual installation but see there is potential to expand to more services that may include installation in time.
How to apply
Please contact us at email@example.com with “AV Integration, Hardware Consultant” in the subject line.
Include resume, cover letter and portfolio of completed projects you have worked on.