Freelance Creative Technologist
Location: New York, USA
Published on: Mar 16 - 2018
MKG is a creative agency specializing in brand experiences.
We believe that brands are people, too. Or, at least they should strive to be more like us. Because it’s those human qualities like kindness, humor, and intelligence that make a brand so appealing. And when brands get human and treat people like people, they earn our respect, our desire, and our dollars. And you can see that in the work we do. We create experiences where people can connect with brands the same way they connect with each other.
Let’s make something.
MKG is looking for you - a Creative Technologist who operates in the intersection of digital and physical.
The position sits between our creative team and our production team and you are a hybrid of the two. Your vast knowledge and excitement for technology will complement our creative ideas and elevate our work. You're not just a creative thinker though, you also love tinkering and figuring out how to make ideas into realities.
You will bring 4 to 6 years of relevant experience with the ability to pitch, source, and execute engaging digital and interactive campaigns across a variety of different brands and categories. You are an encyclopedia of emerging technologies and how they are being used in the brand marketing world.
You are a creative thinker and a problem solver with a strong blend of creative ideas and project management skills. Since every project is unique in execution, you're able to dictate and build custom teams.
- Minimum 4 years experience concepting, pitching, and executing interactive campaigns.
- Can work in a lead role developing strong creative ideas for digital experiences
- Is a wizard when it comes to current trends surrounding technology in experiential marketing
- Has a robust roster of contacts to call upon including production shops, digital artists. Developers, coders, creators, technologists, etc
- Has the ability to deliver quality work in a fast paced, high volume, agency environment.
- Is an excellent writer with great communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Has strong quantitative analysis skills to interpret data and mine for insights. Knows how to set up analytics and measuring systems to track effectiveness of a digital campaign.
- Is a multi-tasker who can handle several projects at once (and who, frankly, would be bored to tears any other way)
- Oh, and you live in NYC (or you want to.)
- You have a sincere love of dogs.
- Most importantly - you’re fun to work with, have a positive attitude, and are passionate about the work you do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MKG is a certified minority owned company.
How to apply
To apply, let us know why you’re the right fit for conquering the world (and particularly this position). Please include links to examples of your work and share your favorite digital experience, product, or site of late. Use the link at the top of the page to apply.