Engineer - Media Solutions
Freeman Audio Visual, Inc.
Location: Dallas, USA
Published on: Mar 21, 2018 - 2018
We’re a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Freeman is seeking an Engineer - Media Solutions to work with the Freeman Audio Visual production team in the planning, coordination and execution of media/video branch produced events. Assists in the training and development of video personnel throughout the company and provides video/media technical expertise for company employees. The primary function of this role is to develop/engineer media playback and compositing solutions for interactive and live events. This role would support the event thought the entire events “lifecycle” from pre-production to post show report. Additional duties include:
- Collaborates with media team on specifying playback conditions and templates for proper content display and manages media assets.
- Compiles input from other project team members into a cohesive and stable show-ready system and ensures that Company resources are used effectively and cross-rentals are minimized.
- Oversee equipment.
- Assists in developing training programs to improve staff competency levels.
- Researches and recommends CAP X video purchases for the Company that will keep us current with industry standards and reduce our cross rentals in order to maximize profitability.
- Designs quality and cost effective systems and oversees the scheduling and planning of their construction.
- Applies best practices for efficient and effective development; looks for opportunities to streamline and fully use current and new technology solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years video operations experience.
- Ability to demonstrate competency with Dataton Watchout and other Media Server playback Systems.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and After Effect Premiere and Photoshop.
- Understanding of the concepts of Projection/Pixel Mapping.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, equipment specifications and financial reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively adjust presentation style to a variety of audiences, i.e. top management, technicians, or clients.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to relate and conduct theoretical discussions as applicable to specific technical topics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to clearly instruct and demonstrate the set up and operation of high-end video, equipment.
- Ability to communicate in person or over the phone how to perform various equipment related operation.
- Knowledge of Scripting in Python and TouchDesigner
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status. Freeman will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, please e-mail Careers@freemanco.com.
How to apply
Use the link at the top of the page.