Senior Manager of Engineering
Location: Chicago, USA
Published on: Mar 22 - 2018
- Serve as principal technology architect on projects incorporating software and/or hardware engineering.
- Develop and maintain best practices and software development standards for the company; recommend primary and secondary technologies to formally adopt.
- Aid in assessing incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution.
- Manage staff and freelance engineers / developers.
- Duties of oversight include:
- Communicating individual project roles to teammates.
- Regularly reviewing work progress by team, helping with troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Helping determine discipline, improvement plan or release if necessary.
- Promoting ongoing performance and growth.
- Screening and ultimately choosing new team hires.
- Create mock-ups, code examples, and demonstration prototypes.
- Responsible for the overall “technical success” of projects and ensure that it meets client satisfaction.
- This includes working with the creative and producing teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are being met.
- Participate in key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns and recommendations.
- Research emerging technologies and custom-built utilities for clients and team alike to incorporate into projects and operations.
- Participate in advisement of company IT infrastructure and CG pipeline.
- Train and document technical procedures (i.e. How To Documents).
- Open to learning new emerging technologies (Unreal, Unity, or similar realtime game engine architecture)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Verifiable problem-solving skills, attention to detail, team leadership and self-direction
- Strong communication and documentation abilities
Envoy Collective offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee, kombucha and cold brew on tap and really cute dogs.
- Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
- Envoy is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
To all recruitment agencies Envoy does not accept agency resumes. Envoy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How to apply
Use the link at the top of the page.