Location: Petaluma, California
Published on: Feb 20 - 2018
Design I/O is a Petaluma, CA based creative studio specializing in the design and development of immersive interactive experiences and new forms of storytelling. Our mission is to develop unique, groundbreaking experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible and lead towards a more magical future.
We are looking for a creative powerhouse with senior level design and animation experience to join our small focused team. The candidate should have an interest in interactive experiences, VR/AR, game design and experimental storytelling. You should have expertise in 2D and 3D design with a broad and versatile design palette.
The role involves working on projects through all phases from conception to completion and working closely with other designers and programmers to develop designs and assets that will be incorporated into our custom 2D and 3D software based environments. Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn a must.
– Concept development
– Developing a design language for a project
– Pushing boundaries and bringing new ideas to life
– Animation (2D and 3D)
– Working with developers on asset integration workflows
– Developing concept sketches for project proposals
– Unique and versatile design and illustration skills
– Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and C4D skills
– Ability to model and animate in 3D programs a plus
– Sharp motion, timing and sound sensibilities
– Passion for interactive experiences
– Strong attention to details
– Vivid imagination
– Self motivated and willingness to learn new tools and skills as needed for a particular project
– Ability to work hard, focused and meet deadlines
– Able to clearly communicate concepts and ideas both within the team and also to clients
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Candidate must be located in the Bay Area or be willing to relocate.
Position is open to legal US Residents only. Some travel within the US and possibly abroad may be required.
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Designer” in the subject line.
Please include your portfolio or links to projects you have worked on and clearly describe your role in the project.