Computer Vision Researcher
Location: New York, USA
Published on: Sep 2 - 2018
Scatter is a next-generation creative software company defining the medium of volumetric filmmaking for augmented and virtual reality storytelling. Our first product Depthkit is the most widely used toolkit for volumetric video capture. Depthkit enables any video creator to easily capture live-action performances in true volumetric 3D, fusing the craft of filmmaking with the interactivity of video game design.
Based in the heart of Brooklyn’s Bushwick artistic district, Scatter is a fast-paced venture backed company founded by pioneers in the immersive media industry. You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading teams in forging the future of storytelling.
About the Computer Vision Researcher
We are seeking a researcher experienced in applied computer vision and computational geometry to join the team building Depthkit. This role has the unique opportunity to define the industry standard for the next generation of visual creators. Applicants passionate about machine vision, video signal processing, and computational geometry in creative tools will be in their element here at Scatter. Candidates should be dynamic, collaborative, and communicative with demonstrated contribution to the field of computer vision.
Design and implement advanced vision and computational geometry algorithms.
Push the state of the art in applied computational photography research.
Ship cutting-edge research into production quality software.
Track developments in the field with an eye for potential to advance our product vision
Expose effective APIs to integrate complex algorithms in software products.
Design and implement clean and clear APIs for feature abstractions.
Participate in team code reviews and technical presentations.
– 7+ years’ experience in applied machine vision application development.
– Deep knowledge of depth sensing hardware.
– Intimacy with computational photography, camera calibration and multiview stereo.
– Expert knowledge of C++ and standard template libraries.
– Experience with OpenGL, GLSL or equivalent graphics languages.
– Experience with complex multithreaded application architectures.
– Masters’ Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
– Demonstrated attention to detail and visual thinking.
– Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
– Desire to work in a fast paced startup environment.
– Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusiveness within the company culture.
– Familiarity with the Qt Application Development Framework
– Experience applying machine learning and convolutional neural networks.
– Familiarity with video APIs AVFoundation and Windows Media Foundation
– Previous experience in creative tools development.
– Background in art, design, animation or video games.
– Experience in media, visual effects or VR/AR industries.
– Competitive pay.
– Comprehensive benefits program.
– Employee stock options.
– Remote work or relocation package available.
How to apply
Please submit applications via the Scatter careers page posting link above.