Daily tous les jours
Location: Montréal, Canada
Published on: Apr 4 - 2019
Daily tous les jours is an art and design studio focused on urban issues. We use technology and storytelling to explore collective experiences, the future of cities and the power of humans.
DTLJ is best known for its work in public spaces, where passing crowds are invited to play a critical role in the transformation of their environment and their relationships.
DTLJ’s work has won numerous international recognitions including Best in Show at the IxDA Interaction Awards, the Grand Prize at the UNESCO Shenzhen Design Awards, a Knight Cities Challenge for Civic Innovation, a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award, and an Americans for the Arts Public Art Network Award.
Hiring: Interaction Designer
Daily tous les jours is looking for an interaction designer to direct the creation of interactive installations, from concept to production. The person has a multidisciplinary approach, is familiar with technologies of all kinds and works collaboratively.
- Research and design for digital arts projects, narrative environments and interactive installations;
- Interactive concept development;
- User scenarios;
- Preparation and animation of co-creation workshops;
- Storyboarding, sketches and polished illustrations for concept presentations;
- Prototype development;
- Design development in close collaboration with the other disciplines involved in the project;
- Work and presentation documents;
- Client presentations.
- Research and follow-up with collaborators and suppliers;
- Support with production planning;
- Support with site supervision during installation, operation and maintenance.
3. Documentation et archiving
- Support with projects’ documentation and communications;
- Participation in projects’ archiving.
- Constantly looking out for the latest in digital arts, interaction design, especially pertaining to public spaces and placemaking strategies;
- Research products, materials, artisans and suppliers.
The person we are looking for…
- Is passionate about public participation in projects;
- Is concerned about the future of cities;
- Loves to collaborate with all sorts of disciplines;
- Loves projects of all scales;
- Likes models and prototypes;
- Has 5 years of experience in his field, with outstanding knowledge in sustainable development and digital fabrication;
- Can speak and write in both English and French at an expert level;
- Masters Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), knowledge in Processing, Arduino, or other coding software is a plus;
- Knows about Microsoft Office.
This is a contractual mandate for a 6 to 9 month duration with renewal possibility.
How to apply
Use the apply button below to access our application page.
Please note we will only contact selected candidates.