Creative Technologist, Retail Innovation Lab
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Published on: Aug 28 - 2019
The Retail Innovation Lab at Cartier is looking for a cross-disciplined Creative Technologist who's not afraid to get their hands dirty. You should be excited and heavily motivated by technology, interaction & user experience design, creativity & innovation.
- Support internal projects via research and prototype development in the digital and physical space. Able to create high-fidelity and high-polish prototypes
- Keen eye for detail and visual aesthetics, steeped in user experience best practices.
- Can-do attitude - capable of collaboration with cross-functional creative teams, and also able to work independently on projects from ideation and design through implementation
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Be nice: Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong team ethos and a sense of humor
- Support jobs in production via technical problem solving, software development, on-site installation and documentation
- Is not afraid of complex problems and challenges
- Cares about user experience
- Strong creative skills, from ideation to communication and presentation of your concepts
- Helps vet freelance engineers/developers, maintains and expands relationships with freelance programmers
- Be self driven to explore new technologies and ideate and execute projects involving those findings
EXPECTED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in a related field (i.e.Masters in Computer Science, Design & Technology or MFA) or related field or equivalent industry experience
- A solid foundation of prototyping software packages (eg. OpenFrameworks, TouchDesigner, Unity, ThreeJS) and in writing clean and documented code
- Versatility and extensive knowledge of hardware configuration and hacking.
- Ability to create IOT devices with microcontrollers and soldering (Arduino, ESP etc.)
- Core understanding & skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and knowledge of the wider Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to clearly communicate with both tech teams and non-tech teams
- Past experience working with a multidisciplinary teams of internal or working with external specialists
- Some experience with VR/AR Tools - ARKit/ARCore etc
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in designing digital media for physical spaces and familiarity with large scale A/V installations (Projectors, LCD, LED, DMX/Artnet, audio)
- Mobile(iOS/Android) dev experience
- Experience in ML/Tensorflow
- Familiarity game engines (Unreal, Unity)
- Know your way around GLSL/Shaders
- Familiarity with C4D
How to apply
Please submit your portfolio and why you want to work at the Retail Innovation Lab to email@example.com.