Published on: Apr 5, 2018 - 2018
Bluecadet is looking for a Creative Director to lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team in the design and production of exceptional digital experiences. Based in our Philadelphia headquarters, the Creative Director ensures the quality of the creative concepts and the work produced, in addition to serving as a strategic partner to our clients. As a Creative Director for Bluecadet, you should feel equally comfortable working with technologists and visual and UX designers. You should be adept at directing multi-disciplinary teams to create complex, original, experiences—from dynamic non-traditional interfaces to rich-media narrative websites, to cutting edge mobile applications. You are a designer at heart who has created award-winning digital experiences and likes to get your hands dirty.
- Proactively and respectfully lead, mentor and motivate junior and senior designers, art and design directors
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Advocate for innovative processes and technologies across projects
- Push for new uses of media in spaces, especially opportunities beyond screens
- Comfortable with close client collaboration, and willingness to workshop, sketch, and discuss concepts at every level
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty, whether that be diving into hand-sketching, shooting film, producing a motion study, or even writing a little code—whatever it takes to push for the most interesting solutions
- Draw from a range of experience and references in and out of our field, including knowledge of best-in-class media projects alongside art, film, installation, etc—let your passions push us forward
- Direct design of interactive digital experiences for high-profile museum and cultural institutions
- Incorporate sound strategy & visitor insights into designs
- Serve as a strategic partner to clients
- Be accountable for the quality of all creative deliverables
- Seek to raise Bluecadet’s industry profile (through public speaking, awards judging, blogging, and other thought-leadership activities)
- Work with company leadership to develop growth plans for the design staff
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience designing award-winning interactive digital media
- Adept at visualizing concepts across a wide range of mediums
- Strong leader with the ability to manage multiple clients and projects
- Working knowledge of digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- Skilled at clearly presenting design ideas to the team and client
- Ego-free leadership style proven to motivate
- Adept at mentoring others in developing, communicating, and selling industry-leading concepts to clients
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Solid understanding of and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and flexible hours.
With offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Bluecadet is a digital agency focusing primarily on work for mission-driven organizations, leading museums, and cultural institutions. We are approachable perfectionists who believe in technology’s power to transform narratives and educate people by entertaining them.
At Bluecadet, we’re into details so let us know you are as well by spelling our name correctly when you apply. It’s Bluecadet. Not Blue Cadet, BlueCadet, or Cadet Bleu. It’s just our way to see if you’re paying attention.
How to apply
Please submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter to this form: https://goo.gl/mRCNdH