Allen & Gerritsen
Location: Boston, USA
Published on: Mar 30 - 2018
Great People Power Great Internships
Answer the call for A&G's summer internship in Boston!
Are you ready to jump into a multidisciplinary environment and be part of a team that takes on exciting brand challenges? We're looking for collaborators, thinkers and makers to spend a summer with us in two great cities and turn big ideas into powerful solutions.
You're our kind of intern if:
You have multidimensional skills and passions that will add to our "&" culture.
You want to help brands create mobile experiences grounded in reality.
You are curious, believe in what's possible and want to make a difference.
You know that audience insight drives it all.
We are looking for people with creative minds who want to test the limits in marketing and communications. We need people to build bold content for every screen. And we want people who will help us activate augmented, virtual and mixed reality experiences. Because we believe people power brands.
You'll learn from senior creative teams, and you'll teach us in the process. Bi-weekly challenges will allow you, as a team, to stretch your minds and push the limits. Cool client work will give you a taste of the day-to-day in a progressive, marketing environment.
When you apply, tell us a bit more about yourself by answering these three questions:
- What excites you most about the future of communications, marketing and consumer engagement?
- How would you like to bring innovation to life at A&G?
- Which positions (below) are you interested in?
- Relentless curiosity about what motivates people to feel, understand, and act in specific ways
- An ability to look at data and pull out insights
- Communication skills to help translate insights into actions
- Desire to understand what makes a brand become a brand
- Passion for how brands come to life in modern channels (digital, social media, etc.)
- Strong graphic, branding and conceptual skills
- Working understanding of digital design
- A desire to blur the edges of your craft and find other ways to apply it
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- Passion for shaping, embracing and defining a brand "voice"
- A desire to story MAKE vs just tell
- An understanding of cross-channel narrative
- Excellent collaboration skills
Human Factors & UX
- A knack for spotting life hacks and shortcuts that people create/use
- A passion for creating frictionless experiences that create value for the consumer
- Ability to apply solutions to variety of mobile containers, including headsets, handsets, and wearables
- Rapid prototyping, and nimble testing in order to refine ideas
- C/C++ intern with experience Cinder/OpenFrameworks
- Experience in Unity and/or ARToolKit
- Android and/or IOS app experience
- Creative mind with strong story shaping skills in shooting/editing
- Passion for Visual Effects, 3D/2D animation
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Software - Premier, AfterEffects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop
- Understanding of 360 and VR Cameras, Stitching/Editing software
This is a 12 week, paid internship. The program begins on June 4, 2018.
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G runs its own innovation think/make tank (A&G Labs), creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Entertainment), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand's physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.
How to apply
Submit your application on our website link at the top of the page.